I'll be taking a trip down the coast with the intention of getting some rest and relaxation. Mostly, I'm looking forward to getting some reading done, and maybe a little bit of writing. The recent production cycle pretty much killed my ability to do anything but work – I'm glad my friends have been up to exciting stuff, letting me live a bit vicariously. Here's a quick run down:
- Dave was off in Cannes last week to promote his latest project, Jaman. It's a pretty neat film distribution platform. He got interviewed by the press, and took some absolutely gorgeous pictures. [Dave and I collaborated for these photos – he shot, I cooked. Looking forward to doing it again.]
- Micki's participating in the AIDS Ride. Be sure to donate! The girl is fierce.
- Jeff is helping me get started on my goal for the summer – teaching myself Drupal. He runs Lullabot, a company devoted to evangelizing the virtues of the open source CMS. They've got articles, podcasts, and even a training session in DC the week before Adaptive Path's UX week.
- Dan is getting ready to release his book. Preorder it now!
- Anil, Mike, and all our buddies at SixApart have proudly launched a preview of VOX. Congratulations, guys! Looks hot.
- James and the rest of the gang at Isotope Comics are to be congratulated on their 5th anniversary.